Yurumí is our social responsibility project. Located in a protected area in the jurisdiction of Puerto López, Meta, it has 1372 acres that are now home to many animals recovered by Cormacarena and the Bioparque los Ocarros, after being victims of illegal traffic. In time more environmental entities join this process.
Yurumí is lined with Gallery Forests of the humid jungle of the plain foothills which protect and regulate the flow and availability of water.
The natural savannas, with the presence of ecosystems of Morichal, present natural pastures, without having been disturbed by planted species.
Our Social Objective
We carry out activities that lead to the conservation, preservation, regeneration and restoration of ecosystems and the execution of actions that lead to the preservation and recovery of populations of native fauna.
Since 2015, along with Cormacarena, we have made many liberations of wild animals seized by the environmental police, readapted by the Bioparque los Ocarros and released by Cormacarena in Yurumí.
- RESNATUR (Red Colombiana de Reservas Naturales de la Sociedad Civil)
- Parques Nacionales Naturales de Colombia
- Cormacarena (Corporación para el Desarrollo Sostenible del Área de Manejo Especial La Macarena)
- Bioparque los Ocarros
- Secretaria Distrital de Ambiente de Bogotá
- Departamento Administrativo de Gestión del Medio Ambiente